16 July 2013
This update is brought to you by git branching, hot drinks and popcorn.
I polished the fog that covers unseen and out-of-range map areas.
This was a good rewrite.
- overlay fog for seen areas and black out unseen areas
- separate move_player() and move_object(), to handle visible object in range better.
- fix the running path so relative resource paths work
- only trigger ‘exit’ and ‘message’ actions with direct interaction
- refactor method names to match PEP8
- add floating game messages
- add exit portal animation
- allow map-level overwrites of character stats
you can now override ai modes and behaviour on a map level for nicer level immersion.
- resize game window to 600x600 pixels
it now fits onto netbook screens
- polished the computer terminal screen
add a microchip animated tile
ai now have movement speeds. can you outrun them…?
added a list of computer controlled movement behaviours:
- random: moves in random directions.
- magnet: moves towards the player while in sight.
- updown: patrols up and down, turning around when blocked.
- leftright: patrols left and right, turning around when blocked.
- sniffer: follows the player’s scent if on the trail.
these can be stacked, so a ‘updown, magnet’ will patrol and then move toward you if you get too close.
update story dialogue texts
- allow multiple empty lines
- supports dialogue color per line by defining a tuple like ((r, g, b), “dialogue line here”). lines that are just strings will display with the default color.
you can have ‘friend’ AI types
checks collisions for stacked objects including triggers
cannot close doors if something is blocking the doorway.
walking into walls and triggering switches counts as a turn.
|21 Aug 2013||Developer FAQ|
|20 Aug 2013||Devlog: Step into the scanbox|
|28 Jul 2013||Devlog: Progress Update|
|21 Jul 2013||Devlog: Upgrade my brain and give me a cookie|
|18 Jul 2013||Devlog: I configured as much|
|16 Jul 2013||Devlog: Electric Fog|
|10 Jul 2013||Devlog: Electrostatic Zaps and Bubble Wrap|
|17 Mar 2013||Complog Day 7|
|16 Mar 2013||Complog Day 6|
|15 Mar 2013||Complog Day 5|
|14 Mar 2013||Complog Day 4|
|13 Mar 2013||Complog Day 3|
|12 Mar 2013||Complog Day 2|
|11 Mar 2013||Complog Day 1|
|07 Mar 2013||Complog Intro|