17 March 2013
The last day is here. We still need to implement all the player special abilities, and create all the map levels and code in the storyline, and combat balancing.
What got done
Game state and map rendering, player and random npc movement. Game dialogs and basic melee combat.
Where I failed
Field of vision, npc path finding, many maps (pre-built maps, not generated), storyline, balancing npc stats, special player abilities, upgrading player abilities.
What I discovered
My previous 2 entries used ascii symbols, this allowed for more time working on the code. I spent much time pixeling the tileset. I love pixel drawings but admittedly suck at them.
pygame supports playing .s3m, .xm, .it, .mod files :]
you can get away with sleeping 1 hour power naps every 6 hours over 48 hours (or longer)
|21 Aug 2013||Developer FAQ|
|20 Aug 2013||Devlog: Step into the scanbox|
|28 Jul 2013||Devlog: Progress Update|
|21 Jul 2013||Devlog: Upgrade my brain and give me a cookie|
|18 Jul 2013||Devlog: I configured as much|
|16 Jul 2013||Devlog: Electric Fog|
|10 Jul 2013||Devlog: Electrostatic Zaps and Bubble Wrap|
|17 Mar 2013||Complog Day 7|
|16 Mar 2013||Complog Day 6|
|15 Mar 2013||Complog Day 5|
|14 Mar 2013||Complog Day 4|
|13 Mar 2013||Complog Day 3|
|12 Mar 2013||Complog Day 2|
|11 Mar 2013||Complog Day 1|
|07 Mar 2013||Complog Intro|